Sunday, December 30, 2012

13 for 2013

Call it a bucket list for the year 2013 - 13 things I will do before the year is through (these are not my resolutions)

1. I will RUN a full 5k (this is hard for me because I absolutely 100% HATE running - but I love how I feel after I exercise - and I want my girls to have a healthy role model mom)

2. I will learn to sew apron's (and more) - I plan to give aprons for gifts next Christmas and want to sew them myself (looks easy and oh so cute) 

3. I read a blog where a woman knitted a wash cloth a week - I am not that ambitious - so I will knit two washcloths a month -- 24 by the end of the year

4. bake a chicken filled with stuffing from scratch

5. go on a road trip with my family (the girls are old enough now that it wont be pure torture)

6. walk Cowles mountain

7. Visit every museum at Balboa Park

8. take the girls to a parade (a big one)

9. take a self defense class

10. read 3 current NYT best sellers (as in the #1 books)

11. learn to crochet (not just the stitches but make an actual wearable item)

12. go to Del Mar's fancy movie theater on a date with my husband (this is big because 1. we don't go out ever, and two I haven't been in a movie theater since Winnie the Pooh before A was born)

13. Spa Day - a full day with the works... haven't had one in years and I am in desperate need of one 

1 comment:

  1. I'll run with you and hike Cowle's Mountain! I'll let you know when Krav has their 3 hour women's self defense seminar so you can go and I'm so in for the spa day! Also, when you want to go to the movies in Del Mar, drop the girls off at my house - I'd love to babysit. Joan xoxo

    ReplyDelete