Sunday, January 18, 2015

running and me

I have had a somewhat love hate relationship with running - maybe it is more of a love to hate running relationship. About 8 years ago I decided to become a runner - I failed miserably - I completely inspired my brother who now has a wall full of medals and bibs. I hated everything about running - I hated how my chest heaved and my heart beat fast and how out of breath I was and how my legs hurt -- quite the wimp. In the past 7 years I have had two daughters and numerous health issues as well as some great loses - I have not once put me first  - I rarely cut my hair - I don't get my nails done - I sometimes wear makeup and I have packed on 40 pounds - egads! 2015 I decided was the year that I start caring for me even in little doses - so I decided to take up running again! Who me? I knew I needed some sort of goal - and with my friend passing away last year to blood cancer I decided Team in Training would be my support system - however running a marathon and raining 2000 was a bit daunting - so I was delighted to discover Mom's In Training - run a 5K and raise $500. Here is the surprise I am loving it - I am enjoying running - and meeting up on saturday mornings to run - I am seeing visions of 10K's in my future,

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you. Having "you" time is so important and being healthy about it is double bonus. Love you.

    ReplyDelete