Wednesday, December 7, 2011

triage on monday

okay baby girl - 38 weeks and 3 days - we are so ready for you to make your appearance. Never did I expect or plan on being pregnant this long. Bella was truly a surprise at 34 weeks and here I am a month later and still dilated to 3cm  -  for a whole week now - with Bella I progressed so fast - within a few hours and she was here. The kind and very informative nurse at triage on Monday told me that Bella probably came so fast because she was so small and this baby is much bigger which could mean longer harder more painful labor - I am okay with this because that would allow me to have the 4 plus hours of antibiotics. Re: the strep B - the nurse also said that it is transient which means that yes I tested positive at 35 weeks but it might be gone by the time that I deliver - I won't know because they wont retest me - but I am doing what I can to try to help the cause - garlic, probiotics, vit c. SO I am hopeful that baby will be healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment