Saturday, December 3, 2011

Group B Strep

Ive come so far with this pregnancy. Starting with acupuncture to get pregnant, many ultrasounds to check the pregnancy, seeing a specialist to make sure all is ok, getting a cerclage to remain pregnant and not have a preemie, trips to the hospital to check symptoms, being on bed rest since August, giving myself progesterone shots (only to have an allergic reaction), progesterone pills (only to get an infection), weekly dr appointments, and now positive results for group B strep. Which when you look it up can be fatal to the baby. If I get to the hospital at least 4 hours prior to delivery they can give me antibiotics that will help the baby to stay healthy - but WHAT IF I don't get there or what if I labor too fast? Since removing the cerclage on Monday I immediately dilated to 2, Wednesday I was at 3 and today Saturday... who knows? With Bella I rushed in and dilated to 10 in a matter of a few hours - she delivered 6 hours after I walked in to triage. I don't know what to expect. I am anxious and excited and so looking forward to a safe and healthy delivery - but I can't help but worry just a bit about group B strep. The natural websites say to eat garlic, mix it with honey, have grapefruits daily, take probiotics - so I am doing all of that to hopefully minimize the risks but still ... I love this baby already and after all I have done to watch over her - she just has to be okay. Please God let her be  okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment