2016 the year of being grateful, drinking more tea, practicing yoga and finally using that gym membership.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
why am I ashamed?
I think of those movies where the people whisper "she has cancer" across the table as if it is a terrible horrible disgraceful disease - I don't think that but I am not wanting to share my news. I had no qualms about mentioning that I had had a miscarriage but melanoma no maam. Maybe I think I caused it - maybe I think it will make me look weak - although when people mention to me what ails them I never think they are weak. In fact I admire their strength. Maybe I don't consider it a "real" problem although I do know that people die from melanoma and that it is a real cancer. Maybe I am still in disbelief although I think a part of me always knew that this would happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment