Sunday, February 14, 2010

Just don't call it cancer

I am okay with the name melanoma in situ - actually considered stage 0 cancer - I think that when people place the label "cancer" on it even if, I pray stays at stage 0 I just don't like the word cancer. For many reasons - my dad died from cancer, I've seen what cancer does to people and families but melanoma I don't have a picture of that in my mind and that is why I am okay with that label. Well I say that now - I will soon know what melanoma looks like and feels like - Wednesday I start the process - they will remove 2 moles on my back and test them to find out if the melanoma is more then the .2mm that they told me - I hope not. Then per the proactive doctor I will have as many moles and freckles biopsied as possible - so we wait - I wait and until then I will continue to call it melanoma and not cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment