Saturday, February 11, 2012

time keeps on ticking

I've been back at work for three weeks and I am happily starting to loose the zombie-esque look I have been walking around with. My sweet baby girl A - was diagnosed with bronchitis last week, Big girl B had her first ear infection - both requiring a trip to the dr's and B's first round of antibiotics - as a parent that this happened at 4 years old is pretty awesome. All of those years of nursing kept her well and healthy. Now we just need those good antibodies in the baby. Work is going well - GREAT parents cute kids - great co-workers - I am blessed in that aspect although rumors of layoffs and excessed again are flying... I will be truly sad to leave this school if I have to go - but one day at a time right? Mom has been super sick - last week multiple falls, fever, vomiting, many trips to the dr only to discover that many years ago she had a silent stroke (totally unrelated to what is happening to her now). It is as if she went from 82 years old to 92 years old in one week. Heartbreaking. And with my sick girlies I called on family and they happily came to help - which is one more reason I am so glad to have two kids - what would I do without my siblings? Can't even imagine.

This is a rambling post as ... it's been a few weeks...

Bella is loving full day preschool - she is learning so much and I am so proud of her. She gets up at 630am - grumpy but quickly turns happy and she comes home every day with something new she has learned. I love hearing about her day.

Alexa (as Bella calls her) turned two months old yesterday - and although she has had some sort of a cold her entire life she is a a happy girl - she smiles easily and is cooing and talking a lot. She has discovered her hands and recognizes our voices and LOVES her big sister.

I couldn't be happier with my girls - and now that I am sleeping for 4-5 hour stretches I am feeling just that much more human.







1 comment: