Thursday, September 8, 2011

Preschool

My girl is a mama's girl - I love her for it - she calls my name out in her sleep, wants me near her, stands up for me and is with me all the time. I thought that preschool would be hard for her. She might cry when I left, I was sure that I would hear reports about her crying for me when I picked her up.  Well was I surprised when we walked in and she sat right down for circle time and then when I picked her up that first day she cried, not about seeing me but because she wanted to stay. This does make me happy - I want her to be confidant and independent - she is. Day 2 - I dropped her off and she did even better! I snuck in to the lunch area as I was picking her up and she sat ate, got up threw her trash away and I was/am so proud of her. Today is day 3 - the hardest challenge is waking her up - and once I go back to work I will be waking her up and taking her in even earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment