2016 the year of being grateful, drinking more tea, practicing yoga and finally using that gym membership.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
out of my control
This pregnancy is far from easy, normal, peaceful. Being diagnosed with a bicornate uterus is a blessing - I now know why Bella was a preemie, why I had the miscarriages, and why I struggled. I also am now seeing a great specialist and am getting amazing care. Which is why last week when she told me on Wednesday that I needed to have surgery on Friday to have a cerclage done I said okay. Mike took me Friday morning at 7am and we stayed until 3pm, The surgery wasn't so bad - I had a spinal and the dr did her job and then I was in recovery - they were monitoring me for contractions. Luckily I had none. I have been on mandatory bed rest since - and although I thought it would be relaxing I am actually quite bored. I am knitting a cute baby kimono for baby #2 and I treated myself to a Kindle, actually I paid for it with gift cards from parents that I had saved the past few months, I love it! I am watching way to much TV and I am just trying to learn to be still. Not an easy task. Mike actually took Bella to the beach yesterday and then to his mom's to give Bella a break - and I think it was the first time in 3.5 years that I was completely alone in the house. As I was feeling sorry for myself that I couldn't go with them to the beach - I realized that I had not given myself my weekly progesterone shot - and then I thought "How did I get here?" Bed rest, surgery, high risk, shots -- isn't this supposed to be a time of glowing? I will do what I need to for this baby - I am feeling her move all of the time now and she is very much loved and wanted by all - but man - this is hard. The nurse told me that most woman with BU are only able to carry babies to 5 pounds - Bella was 5 pounds 2 ounces - I will ask the dr about this on Thursday. And then what about work - more bed rest - what is next? For the constant planner that I am this having no control is a bit much - I am having to learn to give it to God - what ever happens is God's will but wow - wishing this was not as hard as it is. The thing is I know that I am lucky and blessed - I know that there are many people who wish that they could get pregnant and carry a baby - so I will stop complaining and just appreciate that my girl has made it to 22 weeks and 4 days and just keep hoping that she makes it to a week that allows her to be healthy and thrive, yes I have been told that I should expect another preemie. Something else that is totally out of my control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment