Sunday, October 17, 2010

making a baby

so here I start my quest again... I bought this book Making Babies and it is filled with amazing insight. For instance I guess I am "tired" - I knew this - but according to the book this might have played a big role in the miscarriage due to me being tired and not being able to support a healthy pregnancy - in addition to stressed (starting a new school year, at a new school and teaching Kindergarten) and I am also "older" and so is Mike and we could both stand to lose 10 or so pounds. All of these things do not create a happy healthy easy pregnancy. So I am making changes. Change #1 - no more dairy! this is not so hard - I am happily switching to Almond Milk. My afternoon snack now is also raw nuts and seeds - which really do taste good. It also says that with my tired type I should stay away from cold things :-( so I am trying to enjoy water at room temperature. I am also planning to give up sugar but made peanut butter cookies yesterday and was so happy that I used whole wheat flour and then happily poured a bunch of white and brown sugar in to the mix - so I need to see what I can do about that. As for now - they are delicious and well this gloomy weather is depressing me and peanut butter cookies are pretty darn tasty.

1 comment:

  1. Always remember, and never forget, that you are loved, in more ways, and by more people, than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete