wow things are changing for me -- it seems to be a mind set thing and it is working. I am following Dave Ramsey's FPU online/dvd/cd course -- I am totally immersing my self in learning about my finances. I have my YNAB budget set up and have that connected to my phone my budget binder is up to date - my bills are up to date and I am budgeted for August. It feels GREAT. I have spent the last 20 years worrying about money - wondering do I have enough - and DaveR and YNAB make sense "Give every dollar a job" smart - YNAB however says live on last month's paycheck and then this month is a buffer. Dave says pay it all off then save more then the $1000 emergency fund. So I guess I am trying to decide which to follow - for that one part - other then that the two seem to go hand in hand. I really like the idea of having a month buffer so I am striving for that and leaving two cc not paid off and will snowball them.
my brother bought me a Joel Osteen book where I am to say a daily affirmation. I am doing this although it is hard some days - I say it out loud and look in the mirror and as I am declaring that I deserve "God's blessings" I am looking at the tired bags under my eyes or thinking maybe I don't really -- so the challenge that I am having is believing that I really do deserve good things and feeling confident about it.
in addition I am replacing some if the black in my life - I compared my closet to my daughters closet -- her's pink, fluffy and sparkly mine black and dull and dark - I bought a pink dress, colors, statement jewelry - and I changed my planner - my beautiful black Filofax (which I LOVE) but was filled with sad memories - drs appts moms illness and her funeral my surgeries A's appts -- and I bought this planner yes for some it might seem $$ and it is - I found a coupon and I USE my planners - I carry them with me I am a planner and so I let B pick it out - notice pink and sparkly design and I love it - it is filled with inspirational quotes and tons of colors and well it is my new style - bright and cheery.
the last thing I am doing is hosting a fund raiser through Thirty-One bags a good friend has cancer and needs some help -- I am donating all of my sales for August to her... any money that I will earn will be handed to her. The one thing that I got out of last year was people are kind and their kindness really lifted me up and if I can do that for someone else then I will happily do so.
again this change is not just happening I am working hard to make these changes happen
No comments:
Post a Comment