Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Schedules

As a teacher I know that a scheduled day goes much more smoothly then an unplanned day. I understand the importance of routines yet I can't seem to get my daughter on a routine. She has, since birth, done her own thing and as a result she has never slept well. She has never slept a whole night on her own and she has never put herself to sleep unless she has been in her car seat which is where she takes most of her naps. This is all bad and I know it but I have done nothing to change this. It is also not her fault I take full responsibility. Well this month will be the challenge for us - as I am starting a new early start school I will need to be to bed earlier and so will she. I read that this sleep training takes a month to make a routine so here is my month... I will finish the book and make a plan. My girl will sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment